HOW IT WORKS
- Meeting requests must be confirmed by both sides in order to be scheduled.
- Shortly before the event, each participant receives a personalized meeting schedule in PDF format. However, the business matching system remains open throughout the show and delegates use the ABM App to manage their schedules on the go.
HOW TO Apply
Click the APPLY NOW button and complete your e-profile describing your community or company and the products or services you offer and/or look for.
ABM is Aboriginal-driven. Its primary goal is to benefit Aboriginal communities in their pursuit of prosperity and independence. We therefore accept any application from any Aboriginal community provided the applying Delegate is officially mandated by the community to conduct business meetings. In rare cases we ask for a band council or board resolutions.
ABM aims to attract those companies that are in tune with the vast opportunities and unique characteristics of Aboriginal economic development or those companies that want to learn. The ABM Steering Committees therefore carefully select exhibitors and not all applicants will be successful.
HOW TO USE THE BUSINESS MATCH SYSTEM
Your Homepage View:
Click the box to the right to pre-view a snapshot of the homepage. You will see the following items:
- Calendar - Click each day for a view of your schedule.
- To Do List - View what action items require your attention.
- Newest Activities - View your pending and most recent appointment requests or responses.
- Scheduling Statistics - View a summary of your accepted, declined, pending or waitlisted meetings.
- Catalog of e-Profiles - This view will give you a complete list of participants and their profiles. This navigation bar can be found on the left hand side of the homepage.
- Advanced Search - This feature will allow you to search participants by certain keywords. You will find this feature located on the top left hand corner of your "My Homepage".
View Profiles and Request a Meeting:
Click the box on the right to pre-view a snapshot of the profile page.
- Click the company or community name to view the full profile.
- Request a Meeting - View available times and send a request for a meeting.
Click the box on the right to pre-view a snapshot of a meeting request.
- You will see open times slots available for the participant.
- Click on date tab to review availability for each day.
- You will see open times slots as radio buttons available for selection.
- Compose invitation or request details in the "Your Remarks" text box.
- Once complete, click on "Send Request".
Manage your Meetings:
- If a meeting request is sent to you, the invitation will show in your "Newest Activities" section of your home page.
- To review your request click on the "Manage Meetings" link located on the invitation.
- The link will open to your schedule and show you the day and time requested by the sender.
- This is where you will also be able to view details, accept, decline or propose another time slot.
- With this feature you will also be able to download the appointment into your outlook calendar or print a PDF of your schedule.
Contacts & Messages
You will be able to send messages to other attendees and export contact information into Outlook.
By using the “company profile” tab in the left navigation bar, you are able to access your profile for edits. We suggest that you have all necessary information completed as soon as your application is approved and your profile is visible to all other ABM Delegates.
You may also add additional participants to your profile in “Delegate Profile” allowing your entire tradeshow team access to the business matching system. You will be required to create a password for each member.